Of all the prints, polka dots are by far a clear favourite. They are the perfect basic and work with most looks and colour schemes.
Wonder where they came from?
Here you go! They shot to fame in the mid-1920’s, thanks to Minnie Mouse – Walt Disney dressed her in her trademark spotted red dress, which propelled polka dots into mainstream popularity. Since then, fashion designers have incorporated them into their ranges throughout the decades – notably Dior in the 1930s right up to today (check out these Polka Dot nail kits). Dots and spots never seem to go out of fashion.
Our polka dot picks:
Here’s a round up of our favourite children’s polka dot clothing and accessories. Pictured (clockwise from top left):
- OyOy Baby Carrier Clip from Leo & Bella
- Pretty Brave Change mat from Daisy & Hen
- Le Train Fantome – Ozzie Bunny from The Gathered Store
- Kiki + Karuma Wooden Toy Car from Leo & Bella
- Modern Burlap Spot Muslin from Mini Wild Child
- Frankie Ray Lola Spot Sunglasses from A Little Bit of Cheek
- Rylee and Cru Dot Bloomer from Rylee & Cru
- Little Jones High Tops in Ash from Little Jones